We support customers of our products and services by providing domain registration services through Nominet, the UK’s domain registry. Click here to find out more about how we work with you to register and host a .uk Domain for your project, plus view our terms and conditions for domain registration and our service level agreements as well as complaint and abuse handling information.
Please scroll down to view the information or click a link below to jump directly to that section.
If you are an existing customer of AES Digital Solutions Ltd or you are planning to use us to develop your website or web application for you, then we can help you further with Domain registration services related to your product.
We do not offer general domain registration for individuals or organizations wishing to acquire domains for use on other servers than ours, and we have a stringent acceptable use policy as shown in our terms and conditions section below.
As part of the specification of any website or web application, we will ask whether you wish us to use a pre-existing domain which you have previously registered, or which you yourself will acquire, or whether you wish us to register a domain name on your behalf. If you prefer us to register the domain on your behalf then we will discuss the type of domain with you to identify which geographical location is most relevant. For national websites serving the UK we will often suggest a .UK domain , while for US serving sites we may recommend a .COM domain. And we will indicate the current cost to register the domain for 1, 2 or more years as appropriate.
Once we find the appropriate domain we will register it on your behalf, making clear that you are the registrant. We will also carry out renewals of the domain for you. If subsequently you decide to cancel the website or web application, we can assist you in moving your domain to another registrar or if necessary in cancelling the registration.
Note however if you licence a Software as a Service product from us, accessed via subdomain which belongs to AES Digital Solutions Ltd, such subdomains / domains are is not available for registration of transfer to you.
Service levels related to domains:
Once we register a domain for you then we are committed to responding to your requirements in set times:
- Providing you with details of your domain(s) within a max of 2 working days after you request it by email.
- Informing you of any pricing changes for domain renewals, 3 months before renewal is due.
- If you decide to transfer your domain to a new registrar. We will make the domain available for transfer and provide any advice and support within a maximum of 5 working days after you inform us by email.
- If you decide to cancel your domain we will forward that cancellation notice to the domain registry within 5 working days after you inform us by email.
- For any communication to us by email we expect to respond to confirm receipt within a max of 2 working days.
If you feel dissatisfied with any of our services, you should email email@example.com and explain the issue and the cause of your dissatisfaction with as much detail as possible. We will acknowledge receipt of your email within a maximum of 2 working days.
We will then investigate the complaint and email you the outcome within 10 working days from our acknowledgement of the response.
If you prefer to write to us by post please use the address shown on our Contact page. You may decide to send your letter by registered post to prevent against loss. We hope to confirm our receipt within 3 working days, and to then investigate the complaint and post you the outcome within 11 working days from our acknowledgement of the response.
We will acknowledge receipt of your email within a maximum of 2 working days. ( or by post within 3 working days )
We will then consider the appeal and email you the outcome within 10 working days from our acknowledgement of the response. ( or by post within 11 working days )
AES Digital Solutions has a zero tolerance policy for abuse. If you find that a website with a domain registered by AES is engaging in unacceptable behaviour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate. You can email us or write to us at the address on our Contact page.
We will let you know the outcome of your email or letter within 15 working days
It is a condition of any contract to provide you, your agents and affiliates with domain registration services from AES that you agree that you and your agents and affiliates will abide by, and conform to, the terms and conditions of the naming agency for the registered domain.
You should be aware of our Key Terms before you enter into a contract with AES for Domain registration services. These terms are shown below:
- Our current EX VAT charges for the domain-name related services we provide;
- Initial Registration per year per domain: £25
- We will email you that your domain registration is due to expire, 30 days before the expiry date.
- If you do not reply to indicate whether you wish to cancel or renew your domain registration then we will contact you again 14 days before the expiry date.
- If you do not reply to this second contact we will contact you a final time 7 days before the expiry date.
- If you do not respond to this final contact within 3 days we will let your domain expire, with no further contact.
- If you contact us to renew a domain registration which has expired or which is expiring we will attempt to renew it, via Nominet , but if the domain is expired and has been already registered by a third party, then renewal might not be possible.
- If you wish to renew a domain before expiry. Please see our charges in item 3 below
- If we are successful in renewing a domain registration which is pending expiry or has expired, there will be an EX VAT charge of £50
- You can contact us at any time up to 3 days before expiry to renew your existing domain
- Renewal of registration per year per domain: £25.
- We can only renew domains that we originally registered, or which have been transferred to us as the registrar.
- You can transfer your domain name to a new registrar any time before it is due to expire.
- We make an EX VAT charge of £50 to transfer a domain to a new registrar.
- After transfer, your contract for that domain will be deemed cancelled.
- Alternatively You can terminate your contract for domain registration with us at any time asking us to cancel your domain registration.
- We make an EX VAT charge of £50 to cancel a domain ahead of expiry
Please click here to view the Nominet Terms & Conditions for UK domains.
Please click here to view our General Terms and Conditions.