Career Interests is based on six personality types as shown below
- Realistic – people here are doers.
- Investigative – people who are thinkers.
- Artistic – the creative people.
- Social – people who get along with others and are helpers.
- Enterprising – people who are persuaders.
- Conventional – people who like to follow rules and are organisers.
When you take the assessment test students are asked to respond to a bank of questions about what things they prefer and what they dislike. Our software then analyses the users answers to give a score for each of the career areas above.
Once the assessment is completed, the student can download a report on your high scoring areas as a multipage PDF. This explains the sort of personality traits that the user may have, related to these career areas.
It also shows a sample of jobs that they might start to explore, as well as showing which career areas could be linked and which ones are unlikely to be related. See a sample of some high scoring areas in a user booklet opposite.
Careers Investigator Section:
This section lets a user look for careers that are in any of their high scoring career areas and / or in a job family that flagged up on their report. Each of the 650+ careers in the section can be selected, and will show a range of data including:
- Job Description
- Typical Salaries
- Hours worked per week
- Entry requirements
- Likely necessary entry route
- A link to even more details on the internet
It is feasible to search by career area and an entry route so that users can pull up a list of the jobs in a career area that they are interested in. It’s possible to select just those jobs that require degrees, apprenticeships, GCSEs, A-Levels or none. The system can handle equivalents to these qualifications.
- It provides very detailed information on careers interests based on a range of reliable career areas, common in many countries.
- Career Interests includes a quick and simple assessment tool to help users identify career aspirations.
- Users can build their own personal list of interesting careers.
- The assessment can be taken every 6 months if the user wishes, so that they get an outline of their results over time.
- The system is GDPR compliant and provided as SaaS on a secure server (ISO27001) in the cloud.
- Users are individually password protected, and can only see their own data.